Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Cozy Day


With the weatherman calling for rain, which never came ;( we sat and cooled off in the freezing air conditioning.
Lighting my favorite candles to make the house glow and smell divine of spice.



I sat with my yarns and started another blankie, I do have a plan for all these little blankies. You just have to stay tuned.
This isn't the gray I was after but it too caught my eye.

After getting a little too cold we sat outside to watch the rain clouds, that never opened, roll over the house. We laid turf (desert friendly) this Spring and it is really life like especially how it catches the dead leaves from the front yard trees. So my child was taken to collecting leaves and would shout "Weaf" when finding another one...then one caught his eye and he yelled "KITE"
Yes, it was shaped like a kite. We took the time to learn the color brown with the help of leaves.
Child was so in love with that leaf shaped like a kite, he was decorating his basketball net with the leaves. This is the pic I caught and then he, of course, had to take his own pic.
It made me giggle a little that this is my child. Loves the leaves and is decorating his hoop with them :)

Today it is sprinkling, very little, but I will take it. Downtown looks amazing, dark and as if you can't even see the Strip. They must be getting all that rain that was predicted. It is gray out, and all I can hope for is that it stays dark like this the whole day. It would make me so happy!
I would love to be able to go to storytime today with the dark clouds covering, it makes the storytime room so much more inviting. Reminding me of fall days back home as a child sitting in the school library...all we would be missing is the smell of the laminating machine heating up. Oh, how I miss that burning smell.

9 comments:

thriftwood said...

Was just reading your blog when a message popped in my inbox ... It was from you!! Lovely blog, but I can't imagine sitting in a freezing house because too warm outside ... It's like winter here! Your little boy is adorable and very creative too ... Have a lovely evening, Claire xxx

john said...

your boy is such a little cutie..and takes after his mom in the creative dept ! No I cannot imagine longing for autumn but if it was sweltering for weeks on end then ahhh mmmm I would be wishing for it to cool down ... have a nice week...Gail x

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,thankyou so much for visiting me :o) I love your blankie squares and look forward to seeing what you are going to be making with them,they look like they are going to be warm and cuddly. How wonderful your sons interested in leaves and that he has taken on your creativity to decorate his net,thats so sweet :o)
Hope you have a wonderful week ahead,lots of love juliexxx

Gail said...

Hello my sweet! So glad you had a cloudy day...I can relate because I love them too!
We're kindred spirits you and I.....can't wait to see what you do with your blankies.....:).

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your whole post seems so cozy...and a spicy candle just adds to the feeling! I am thinking your little one has inherited his mama's creative spirit...

Rhonda said...

It makes my day to read how you are spending your day...isn't that silly? Cloudy days are rare for us in these desert towns. Enjoy 'em while they are here.

Oh, did we get rain on Saturday and Sunday...loved it!

Melissa Blake said...

I love this -- so cozy!! There's nothing cozier than burning candles.

Maria said...

Hellooo there!
WAs blog hoping and found your lovely creative blog....
I soo loved the union jack crochet bunting and the purse is lovely, from earlier posts...
Glad I found you and your blog, I see we are blogging pals with the same ladies too ( Gail and Claire) how lovely!!
have a week full of creativeness...
Maria x

Diana Mieczan said...

I am craving rain as well. It has been so hot lately and I would love to have one coolish, rainy, grey type of day this week:) Btw: Your kiddo is so cool and I love his photo:) Happy Wednesday, darling. Btw: I must say, your natural lip colour is beautiful:) xoxo