Monday, July 30, 2012

Union Jack Bunting


I woke up with a bang yesterday.
Moved around the house full of energy but all I seemed to accomplish was this...

My cottage chic Union Jack Bunting.


I had a few scraps of blue yarn left from the blankie I a made and just made a five squares with them.

I blocked them and strung them together


I cut scraps of cotton in this cabbage rose material and laid them out.

I lightly glued each scrap in place to it would be easier to sew.
Let it dry and came back to sew it all down.

I love the shabbiness of the quilted style.


This will work great with something else I am putting together. I will get pictures of it hanging by next week hopefully.

Happy Monday! I plan on quilting this afternoon and I have my eye on some gray yarn to start a new crochet blankie tonight :)

6 comments:

JUNKER JANE said...

I love this design! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

It looks so pretty! Hope you had a great weekend, darling. Talk to you soon:) xoxo

Julie said...

That combines 2 of my very favourite things right now - bunting & union jacks ! ! Just love the floral print you have used too. Gosh wish I could crochet like that. Keep on keeping me inspired Amy. Luv Julie X x

Numinosity said...

What a cool idea, Amy.
I love the color combo in this... kind of subdued with just enough splash of color.

john said...

What a great idea for bunting ! Gail x

Anonymous said...

Love this bunting Amy :O xxx