Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thank you Stampington


I am honored to have been chosen in the Edgar Allan Poe Challenge!!!

I received the news yesterday that my art was published in the Sept issue of Somerset Studio.

They chose one of my dolls that I had shown at the gallery last year and that you see in my blog header.
This is the one
You can see it for yourself September 1st on newsstands!!!

This comes at a really odd time in my life and it was such an uplifter to the spirits!

Today I awake to super gray skies, rain, I mean real rain falling, grounds are soaked and the light trickle makes me soooo stinkin' happy. I have all our doors open to see and listen as the child still sleeps. It is like Autumn has arrived. Its almost a chill in the air. O my now great thunder cracking, its going to be a very good day :)

13 comments:

Gail said...

Congrats to you my friend!!!! That doll totally rocks and I'm so happy for you!!
Bring on Autumn....:).

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Yippee Amy! I'm so happy for you. Your dolls need to have major exposure like this, you are so talented. woo hoo! And so glad to hear it feels like fall for you after all that heat.
Keep smiling...

Rhonda said...

Stand by your phone...I will be calling...LOL

Congrats Amy! Woo Hoo - giddee yup and all that jazz.

About that rain, oh my did it pour here last night. More is coming today. Rainy in the desert. Love it.

SLR said...

yay, so exciting, congrats!! well deserved, you are very talented!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation's Amy!! I am so proud and excited for you!!! I can't wait to see it!!
And I am super jealous you have rain! :)
Sincerely,
Melinda

Julie said...

Hi Amy - so happy to hear about your doll - that is great News & can totally understand how uplifted it made you feel.
And yes, that is great news about the rain falling too :-) Long may it last for you X x x Julie

Numinosity said...

That is a good turn of events... the rain and the publishing of your piece. I hope you get lots of recognition from this and that your spirits will remain uplifted. Congratulations!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

A REALLY good day, Amy! So happy for you!!

Unknown said...

sooooooooooo excited for you! this is awesome news...well-deserved....congrats! can't wait to see it in print and on the newsstands! ;)

Unknown said...

YES, YES, YES!!!!!
xo
lynn

john said...

Wow that is brilliant ! so glad for you ! Gail x

me and alice said...

Hi Amy!
Big congrats to you!
I'm so glad for you!!!!

Oh yes I also love that white plastic lounge chair at Ikea.

Have a great week!
/Susanne

Kadee Willow said...

Amy, I just found your blog and the header is what got to me initially... love those dolls!!! Then I started reading and well, I'm your newest follower! Congrats on the honor of being in Somerset Studio. What a thrill, huh? You deserve it, girl!! Can't wait to keep up with you. And if you get a chance, bop on over to my blog. I would love to have check me out! I'm just tickled pink!