Sunday, August 19, 2012

Warm Autumn Kitchen



I am not one for cooking but I love a feeling a warm cozy kitchen.
My kitchen is decorated in warm Autumn colors and Halloween all year long.


It makes me happy, if I gotta be in the kitchen I wanna be happy.


Smells of Apple Cinnamon or Pumpkin Spice are always burning.
Above my cabinets are full of Autumn decor and pumpkin collections.


I am starting to run out of room for all my favorites.


So I have to be very particular with what comes home with me now.


I look around at things that I have made, like these wreaths and pillows, wow before child came I had time to sit and stitch by hand. I actually made these when I was 6 or 7 months along with child.
I remember it was a rainy afternoon as I sat and cut the patterns out and watched a USC game.

As the Autumn decor at stores and online start to emerge I will add a few key pieces each year.

With September approaching the first order of duty is the Autumn front porch decor...I can't wait!



4 comments:

Gail said...

Oh Amy,
You are getting me into the Fall mood! It's a bit too warm here yet but it's coming soon....I can feel it!
Love your kitchen decor...good for you for keeping it up all year, just because you love it!

Rhonda said...

I adore your warm colors year round. Cozy kitchens are what it's all about. I love your black cat sign!
It won't be long!! Still...no water in our pool...sigh.

Anonymous said...

I love your Autumn decorations! You're right it's warm and cozy! I remember those vintage pumpkins! Great ideas for Fall!

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

I love your kitchen. Fall colors are my favorite (also my favorite time of year). My kitchen is orange and I have a glass tile back splash in orange, black and green. I would not have thought to decorate as Halloween all year. I have chickens above my cabinets that I am real tired of. I can see a change is coming. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Jackie