Thursday, February 21, 2013

Puff or Pouf (Vintage Grain sack Ottoman)


 Whichever it may be I adore how mine turned out.


Remember, I started on this baby last July and hit a wall of depression.
All my tasks went away in the closet and the door was shut.
I didn't know then that it was my illness that was causing my lack of energy and depressed moods.

Well I am back and better than ever and cleaning up all those loose ends I tucked away.

With the redoing of my studio it was the perfect time to finish up this puff and make it fill the space.

I just read today in my new Mollie Makes that puff is the Norwegian word for stool.
I just love Mollie Makes Magazines!

So my puff is taking shape, I do need a few more bags of fiberfill to get it nice and stuffed.
At 10.00 a bag of fiberfill I will wait for more coupons or sales to get it completely filled.

I used the Amy Butler pattern for this and it was sooooo easy!
The hardest part was my way of wanting to use vintage grain sacks and having to piece them all together before starting.  From there on it was cake.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

OMG your puff is awesome! I have to admit, I had no idea what one was until this post. It turned out perfect, I love the fabrics you used.

Julie said...

Hi Amy - I adore what you have done - both the pouffe & your studio cushions. I love the feedsacks showing on it & it looks great in with your studio decor.
Over here fibrefill is very expensive so I have found a cheaper way is to buy large cheap bed pillows from The Warehouse (our bargain shop) & use them instead - they are a nice soft bouncy fibrefill when you cut them open.
Happy creating my friend, Julie :-)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is such a great looking piece...you did a wonderful job on it!

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

It looks amazing!! And so good to hear you got your mojo back. I didn't want to pester you before, but I didn't get an email from . . . you had mentioned you emailed me. I must have typed it wrong:
dans.le.townhouse@gmail.com