Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Primitive Stitches



As I am going thru all of my collections and cleaning out my studio,
I stumbled upon these...
The most adorable very vintage quilt squares that were hand embroidered.  Probably by a child learning their stitches.
They are so primitive in style with a gorgeous red thread.

I love how simple they are but I guess I never found a way to display them because they were really tucked away and forgotten about.

They are now available in at Vintage Marketplace  

Maybe one of you can use them and give them the love they deserve.


So the rest of my day consisted of packing, picture taking, phone calls, documents, and an after school break with my boy and batman at Starbucks.

He was rewarded today with his favorite milk.
His teachers were so happy that he accomplished his writing lessons with no issues.  We are so very proud of him.  He is also proud to show us his work.
We practiced his C words last night and we found a Cricket in our garage.  He came inside and I asked him to draw a cricket and then write the word.

I just can't believe that he was being lumped in public school with low functioning children and therefore was not being taught his writing and other motor skills on a daily basis.  What we would have lost if we chose to keep him in that environment is mind boggling.


Now it is becoming evening and I think it is time to go sit and do some stitches of my own on that afghan.  One more Skein to go and it will be finished :)
Can't wait. 

1 comment:

Gail said...

Amy, it's always good to remember that our children (and anyone really) will rise to the expectations that are put upon them.
Brooklyn, by being exposed to more typical children will likely mimic their behaviors.
It saddens me that there are so many "educators" in your area that are so ignorant.....but there you have it.
As great parents you and Rudy will be in touch what does and doesn't work for Brooklyn and will adjust as you go.
It's all for him...........keep fighting the good fight and know that you're doing the right thing.