Friday, July 19, 2013

Good Luck?



Last night it was my goal to sit and make a new playset for my son to use as imagination time, pretend play.


As I started on the making of a felt campfire set, I got one piece of the flame set done.  I had the logs I made from last years Christmas scene and I set up the flame on the logs.
My son roared into the room and elated by the scene I had set up immediately sat down and said CAMPFIRE!!!

I continued in making fish, a fishing pole, a hobo bag.
He immediately threw the fishing line over his shoulder and took off to hike to find a stream of fish.
He was in heaven...
as we sat in my craft room around the campfire, a cricket appeared.
Out of nowhere, on the second floor of our home.
It was like we were really out by the pond.
Supposedly crickets are a sign of good luck.
I guess this is a good sign, for the week we have had was long and hard on the autistic side of life.
But today we awoke, bright, happy and ready to go to school.
He packed his fish and fishing pole in his backpack and off he went.

I am going to try to get a tent up and the rest of the camp scene set for when he returns home.

When he connects with the things I make him, makes me the happiest mom in the world.  We may have our hard days but these moments are the ones we remember.

5 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is so flippin' awesome! I needed some good news today! How much fun. I know that B loves it! He can go glamping in your studio. Heck, I'd like to go glamping in your studio!

xo,
RJ

Rhonda said...

Oh that is soooo awesome. I love your campfire and the sweet story that comes with it. Xo

Unknown said...

so sweet. wow...you're amazing with needle and thread! i can just imagine his excitement when he saw it all..... and the cricket....SO cool! you're a wonderful mom dear amY!

Julie said...

That looks amazing Amy !!! :-) You are so clever with your creations, I can imagine how little B loved it. I hope you get your tent made. Yes I think the cricket coming in was definately a lucky sign. Have a great weekend x0x

Susan deGeneres said...

Good riddance to hard weeks! Three cheers for the weekend, little boys, crickets and good memories!

Hugs,
Susan