Monday, April 16, 2012

Shabby Chic Studio



Welcome to where I create...

I spent the better half of yesterday by myself, nope not out of the house shopping or sipping coffee in the refuge of my own thoughts. Nope, I spent it cleaning and organizing, redecorating my creative space.

I started this project back in January and then I hit a depression streak, not even wanting to step foot in this room. So it just died, I had no energy or ideas to take on finishing my process.


Then, I started working out, taking my vitamins and realizing I was depressed and need to find a way to change my outlook on things. Something clicked and it was like a light switch turned on and brightened my life.

I told my husband Saturday night, " Cleaning day tomorrow, no if, ands or buts about it"
He took over the boy and I took to my studio. I started and didn't finish til 11 pm last night.


I couldn't be more thrilled with what I purged and things I found. I restyled and had fresh ideas of how to display my favorite little things.


I ripped away the dark and distressed and added pinks and blues, yellows and greens.


My etsy shop is feeling the love of letting my things go to new homes.

Some of my very favorite looks are...

The Chair - Take a fitted soft wrinkled cotton sheet, I simply draped it over the chair and tied it with a bow to gather. It looks so full and ruffled like. added a bow for a little contrast. A whole new look for $0.

The Lamps - I was going to spray paint a high gloss pink but held back...so glad I did. These are a very soft pewter brass and I just decided to bring the color by adding vintage seam bindings and vintage skeleton keys to dangle from the switch knobs. This brings out my love of the seam bindings that were hidden away in a jar and the keys that were also stored away. Again $0

Good Luck Garland - I set out to make and sell this in my Etsy for a Wedding, but it turned out perfect for my own use in my space. I had and old coffee stained ruffle garland that was depressingly dark, I needed some whimsy and a bit of color and who couldn't use a few 4 leaf clovers hanging around :) $0

The rest has all come together, with all my fun dolls displayed neatly and all my supplies to create with displayed away in the closet.
On the other side of my double closet I am making a Mood Board. I hope to have that done later today. It will be a puffy shabby chic pillow board to tack all my magazine clippings and inspiration to.

I had best get my day started. Many Etsy orders to get out today in the mail.
Thanks for coming along on my creative space tour.

15 comments:

Vintage Home said...

Oh good for you ...this is inspiring for me. I need to do the same thing!
Love that you are doing a mood board!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy,
It looks absolutely beautiful!!~
I'm so happy your feeling better, it really shows in your gorgeous room!!
Hope you have a beautiful day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Unknown said...

AMY! You are killing me, girl. I thought the 1st photo was from something you found on pinterest, but it's your gorgeous studio!!!!
Can you tell I love it?
xoxo
lynn

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love your space, Amy...I could get happy creating with you there! The chair is really gorgeous...and how creative the way you made it!!

Gail said...

Amy,
I'm so glad you got your "groove" back! Your studio looks so great, so organized.....it's a full-time job, isn't it?
Mine's a wicked hot mess right now......but you have inspired me!

Julie said...

What an absolutely fantastic space to create in or just to sit and day dream up new ideas. I am sooo envious of it!!! You have done an amazing job - happy creating in your studio space !!! Very kind regards from N.Z. Julie :-) x x

Sue said...

Everything looks great Amy!

Take care,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Amy I so enjoyed touring your creative space! I am working on mine right now. I love your banners around and might have to make me one for my space now!

She's Obsessed said...

Wow you are very creative...this room is extremely eclectic. Makes me want to create and do DIY projects all through out my apartment

www.sheisobsessed.blogspot.com

Audrey Leighton said...

Love this! Such a great creative space...thanks for sharing these photos!
xx

Be Frassy

Diana Mieczan said...

Your creative space is amazing. I love the soft lights, the amazing decor and the chair is simply fantastic!!! Swoon:) Have a great morning, sweetie.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Love love love your studio! What a beautiful place to dream and create.

Danielle

Rhonda said...

That chair, I'll say it again, that chair...is wonderful. I want to try it...so easy to do. You have the best ideas, I swear.

Lovin' your studio, you put your heart into it and it shows!!

Kate said...

Love love it Amy. It is so renewing when you can clean and bring forth change. It looks fabulous. Have a wonderful week

xoxo
Kate

Mom E. said...

Oh, I am so happy for you that something clicked and your light came back on...! Those are difficult times for me...I feel for you. I was in vegas a month ago and wanted to find some vintage shop to shop in, but I have NO idea where to even begin! I will have to let you know when/if I get back.
But I love your vintage dolls....It makes me want to get dolling again...I have been in some version of a "funk" for about 4 years....I started blogging to see if I could find myself again...I know I'm in here somewhere and I am finding joy in the things I am making. I have SO much to get rid of, your Etsy shop is inspiring to me. I've been going to do that for 5 years, at least. I set it all up and then within the year my mother died and my "funk" began with a bang...I find myself afraid to crawl out, don't know what I will find. Except, I am so tired of being afraid of life. I haven't always been this way. So, here's to a new life that includes all the fun and crativity of the old life...
Thanks! Hearts to you!
Betsy