Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sad Happiness



Today is a sad day...with that said, it is also a birthday in our home.
So I will wish a very special person a happy birthday on such a somber day.
Love ya babe!
On another note...

Curtains are finished and hanging but before I reveal them, I want to add one more thing to the window. I will be sewing again today to get this little extra touch added.
It was so nice waking up this morning to the glow of the sun behind the antique grain sack material. And last night it, we had a crazy thunderstorm and seeing the lightening glow thru them was so amazing, scary, but amazing.

Check back tomorrow morning for the unveiling of them.

It has been so great getting back to my sewing machine and studio to sit and create.
I have really been struggling lately to find the strength, time, and urge to create. But as a good friend pointed out last night, I had stated I wanted a break from business and time to focus on family. I am having a much better time and peaceful feeling of creating for my family right now.
I have put so many personal projects to the side for years, trying to keep up with my business.
Now it is time to drag those projects out and give them the love they deserve and that my family deserves
I hope everyone can find a little peace in their day today.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wishing you the same amy...peace. happy birthday to your husband. despite the somber mood this date reminds us all of....Life goes on and there are always happy occasions to celebrate. those that lost their loves this day would not want us all to forget that i am sure.

Rhonda said...

The same to you, a peaceful day and family time.

We had a crazy storm last night, too. I stood in the dining room and said, oh, this is a bad one. The 50-60 mph winds tore down tree limbs in our yard. I grabbed the dog and started lighting candles. Boom - we lost power for almost 2 hours.

I cannot believe how beautiful your curtains are....so beautiful.

Tammy said...

I love the sneak peek of the drapes. You sure know how to tease don't you? Wish your hubby a happy birthday. It is a somber day but his birthday was had before it happened and it will continue to happen. Just as life is- sad may happen but we carry on.
tammy

The Cat Hag said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely hubby, I hope you two had a fab celebration. :)

I am having so much trouble with my photo hosting website, and now I am guessing I have to manually switch all my photos to another site. Sigh... not feeling too happy.


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Sue said...

Happy birthday Rudy! And its nice to think of something special on this day that will be etched into our history. I'm still in love with your curtains Amy!!

Take care, Sue