Saturday, September 3, 2011

6 more Weeks of Summer


Art block by Sushipot

As many of you take this weekend to say goodbye to Summer and hello Fall, we get ready to say hello to our groundhog, the desert turtle, 6 more weeks of Summer it is. We won't feel a crisp morning here for at least another 6 weeks. :( this makes me sad every year. As I read others posting about putting on that first sweater of the season and having a hot tea or coffee out on the porch as they watch the leaves start to change, I long to be in a different part of the country. But instead it will still be swimming pools and air conditioning here. As I start my decorating for Autumn it will still be 110* outside. But, like clock work, my body tells me it is time to put our fake leaves out and bring out the orange and black.I stumbled into Pier 1 the other day and was most excited about this years Halloween selection. The black trees lit in orange, the candy swirled lollipop ornaments, and the black glitter pumpkins got my heart racing, and the ideas flowing. I brought some home for inspiration and boy did it get me in the mood to create.
First, we had my 2 year old make his own decorations for this year.
Ghostees all designed by himself. I LOVE THEM, I can't wait to make a garland out of them. This will be a Halloween keepsake for years to come. Then as I looked at my glitter spiders, purchased at Pier 1, I thought hmmmm what can I do with these....Poison spoons of course, duh.Still in the works but,
these will be in my shop soon in sets of 6.
Oh, there is so much more to do and work on, good thing it is a long weekend.
Wishing everyone a safe holiday weekend!

Also I wanted to say a big thank you to all those who commented with congratulations on my Art in Somerset Studio Magazine. I really appreciate all those that have been with me from the beginning and have encouraged me throughout the years to keep creating. It really means a lot to hear from all of you.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love all of your Fall decorations, but I think my favorite by far are the ghosts! I love those!
Have a great weekend Amy.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Ricki Treleaven said...

Amy, I saw your feature in Summerset Magazine in person :D The dress looks great in the Hitchcock challenge. I need a change this year for fall. I have decorated with the same orange and white candy corn fabric and accessories since the kids were little....

~RJ

Unknown said...

sometimes, i read your posts about all that "sun"...the heat...the warm temps...needing the air conditioning.....swimming in September.... and I sigh. maybe we could trade places for awhile? Just a few nights ago, I closed all the windows in my studio because I was cold! yes...I said "cold" in here! LOL! I am loving all of your autumn decorations.....i especially adore that sweet assemblage of ghosts that your little guy created! too cute amy! ;)