Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hello Autumn




Even though they are predicting triple digits today and tomorrow there is hope on the horizon for a windy and rainy weekend.
Many of you know my love of Autumn and how I miss it something terrible here.
Usually October is the month I go home, back to the falling leaves and rainy days, crisp afternoons and smells of Autumn in the country. Unfortunately since I went home for 2 months this summer there is no going home for Autumn.
:(
So yesterday the number one mission was to decorate the outside as if Autumn had arrived here.
I was out til late in the evening, hanging falling leaves and burlap. Lighting pumpkins and putting up scarecrows.
There is more to continue on tonight but I am loving the start of things.
It is tricking my mind into thinking it is cool outside.
Well, at least I can sit indoor and look out and dream of it turning colder this weekend.
Welcome Autumn, I love you....

11 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

It was 85 here today with 100% humidity, so I know what you mean.....

Clara Turbay said...

I like so much your blog. Come and check out out mine.

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Rhonda said...

That's right, when we miss home, we a bit of home where we are.

I do believe Autumn loves you back.

Kate said...

Amy

Love the Autumn display I can't wait for fall to arrive either.

Love to you
Kate
xoxo

Unknown said...

sending the coolest of autumn breezes your way so that you can open those bedroom windows and your lovely handmade curtains can rustle in the wind like those gorgeous fall leaves you miss so much! (Soooooo hoping for a "start the car" moment for you soon mon amie! we saw so many things that you would have loved at the white elephant!!)

Marilyn said...

I LOVE your blog.. I stumbled upon it looking for some vintage findings via google.. I'm officially following ya with smiles via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com - really hope you can stop in sometime.. Off to indulge in more of your posts.. :))

Barbara Jean said...

I noticed your blog name when you commented on another blog.
We do a sale at my store that is called Vintage Marketplace, so I just had to come check out your blog.

I'm off to look around.=)
blessings
barbara jean

Diana Mieczan said...

Beautiful autumn display, sweetie. Hope you will get the crispy cool weather soon. Fingers crossed:) Muah

CLD said...

Your entry way is just lovely.
If sitting out fall decor helps...we are still in the 90's here in Oklahoma...You have inspired me to do so this weekend.
Thank you for sharing. Bobbie

Ari said...

I like your blog.
Greetings from germany.
Ari
http://ari-sunshine.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Autumn is my favorite season too - the holidays, crisp weather, and soup!

xoxo