Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Vintage Romance



As I stated yesterday, I have been redoing some things around the house.
Rearranging here putting things there....this just leads to a snowball effect for the rest of the home

I have had these lamps for almost 9 years, they were in are first apartment here and they have lived a long life but it was time for a drastic change. They looked like this to begin with.

and now look like this....

I am loving them, a soft 15 watt glow is so romantic. Spray painted High Gloss Black
I have added hanging lampshades from vintage wire baskets and paper garlands.

While back home this summer I stumbled into a tiny dirtbag resale shop, thanks to my brother for tipping off of its location, I found this 1940s day dress. Light blue, with pink flowers and black and white bows all over it. Rick rack trim on the ruffles and pockets in black. OH, I adore it and since it doesn't come anywhere near fitting me, I put it up flowing off the wall.

Surrounding it with my new Owl Lanterns, the mod fits so perfect now.

This makeover cost nothing but a can of High gloss spray paint.
Stay tuned for what else I have sprayed this color....

8 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

OMGoodness, AMY!!!...this needs to be in a magazine. Seriously. *love it*

The Cat Hag said...

Gosh, I would love to visit your studio, it's such a beautiful place where my creative Amy works and makes all her beautiful treasures!

Hehe btw you might just be able to win that Siren bag you mentioned on my blog, as I am working out the details of a giveaway with them currently. :))))


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
Join My Giveaway

Kate said...

AMY

WOW super cool is all I can say

Love it.

Hugs to you
Kate
xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh my!!! The owls are perfect!! And who would have thought to frame the dress? LOVE. IT.
xo
lynn
p.s.
you look great in your rock'n style!

Barbara von Enger said...

Ah, what a makeover, you are truly creative. That little dress is so cute, too.

Alexa said...

Oooh so cute! Love the owl too! :)
xo
Alexa
www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

Rhonda said...

I thought the very same thing, this looks like a magazine page!

Amazing creativeness.

Max and Chloe Vintage said...

I love this! And I'd love it on me:) It really is a great display!