Monday, September 19, 2011

Remembering POPS



Having lost Rudys father this year it was a hard on him not to have his dad for his recent birthday.
I got to thinking of what I could do to make it a day he wouldn't miss his dad but remember him on all those past birthdays.
So I contacted my brother in a special ops mission to paint Rudy's favorite portrait of his father as a young boy.
From a tiny picture on an iphone my brother was able to take the photo and turn it into a painting, finished in just two short weeks and shipped for Rudy to open on his birthday.

It turned out amazing and melted Rudys heart.
This painting will always be super special to have hanging in our home.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I have chills, that painting is so gorgeous. What a wonderful way to remember a Dad.

Gail said...

That's so amazing! What a talented and caring family you have.....:).

Unknown said...

your brother is one VERY talented artist and YOU are one VERY thoughtful wife! what a special, special gift! happy b'day to your dear rudy.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Wow, what a special gift. I know your husband is so appreciative of your thoughtfulness!