Saturday, January 7, 2012

Your Opinion Counts




First I have to say thank you to all who wished me well.
It worked! I feel so much better today...so far. I did wake up with that same headache but it seems to have subsided for now. As for the chest pain, it is gone! That is record time. Usually it hangs around for more than 4 days.
Anyhoo, I am happy to be feeling better so back to "the room"
So here are a few close ups of the banner from book pages that I showed here yesterday.
Oh, and since I will be closing my shop for good, I will be doing a lot more tutorials.

Okay, now for your opinion...this is my work table.
It is amazing, it has one huge rolling drawer and then two cubbies hidden to look like drawers on each side. Now, I am debating on giving it a coat of paint or leaving it as is to show its wear and tear and age with me as I work. What do you think, does it stick out like a sore thumb or is it a nice break from a room becoming too white and frilly?

I still need to make a cord cover for the unsightly thick black cord hanging to the dvd player.
and I am getting my mood board together to add in here as well.
Just a few more things to be addressed before I think I will completely happy with it all.

oh and to see more shots of my home and projects you can follow me on pinterest just click the red button on my blog page :)

8 comments:

Fallon said...

I say Paint it! but maybe not white :)

Gail said...

Well, since you asked...lol! I'm into some color right now and I think with all your neutrals surrounding it that it would look awesome in a bluish color, maybe distressed after painting? I'm seeing it in an awesome blue/gray color or even a brighter turquoise, then distressed.
And I'm bummed that you've decided to shut down your etsy shop, what's up with that?!!!!!

Vintage Market Place said...

oooh I am loving the idea of a pretty blue!!!
Amy

Unknown said...

i kinda like the idea of keeping it "as is" and letting it naturally "age" with time and use but i do think a slate blue-grey would be lovely too!

rkbsnana said...

I cannot offer an opinion on worktable as I am so easily swayed either direction. But.....I am so glad you feel better.

john said...

I do like real wood but I reckon a pretty blue would be nice too !! Ah yep I'm no help at all...hope you feel much better soon ! Gail x

Rhonda said...

I would love to see that painted shabby, chippy white. Only because I'm trying to get the nerve to paint mine. You go first...no really...you go first...lol

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Your studio looks awesome Amy! I hope you didn't get too down about your art. I guess rejection is part of the whole creative process - can't please everyone all of the time - but it sure is hard to swallow. But please know that there are plenty of admirers out there of your amazing art. Speaking of...I just posted a pic of your fabulous doll crown. I love it so much! Now if only my daughter hadn't written on the face of her vintage doll...it would be adorning her head.
I agree with the gals above to either leave your desk as is or paint it a subtle grey/blue. Happy decorating Amy!
- Susan