Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dear Diary...


I am still working on the guest room/studio.
It is all coming along so well.
I worked on a pillow yesterday...It was a t-shirt I acquired at a clothing swap a bit back.
I saw it and new I would never wear it as a shirt but what a great pillow it would make.
It reads..."Dear Diary today was the worst" in a lovely scroll of pink and black, I LOVE IT!!!

I found a great shabby style carpet at Target yesterday, it was 14.99 and the damask style of it is perfect for the front of the bed.Don't ya just love opening anything in a box from Tiffany and Co.
This was a wedding gift from my family ( that i begged for) and they came thru.
A crystal Tiffany Cake plate. It has been sitting in a closet since our wedding almost 7 years ago.
How perfect is it that I will never make a cake but it will look great displayed in my room, LOL.
Speaking of CAKE, I just had to splurge on this Kate Spade Clutch. It was meant for me.
I will obey, I will obey...lol

Okay, this is just a little wall with hooks, not sure if I am done with it yet, but I like the overflow it has of vintage little girl dresses and awards, tinsel and aprons, doll legs and arms and a beautiful box tied in bows.The little Simply Shabby Chic Stool here is covered in vintage flour sacks and a great cornflower blue ironstone platter I found back home. Brooklyns baby blanket made by our friend Miss Leona, with a lovely cupie doll tossed in for good measure.Today I will be painting a new sign for the last wall, I am very very excited about it.
I came up with it last night while journaling right here under the twinkle lights.

And then I will be asking all of your opinions on the last piece in my studio to be addressed.
I will save that for tomorrow.

I also have that vintage suitcase to paint, I painted it brown and covered it in vintage steamer ship stickers but I am thinking a really light shabby pink might be called for now. Any opinions on this one?I would love to hear from ya!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

omg! tired just reading all of this! you've been BUSY!! can't wait for "the rest of the story!" (love the pillow!!)

rkbsnana said...

Can't say as I have ever opened a box from Tiffany...lol.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

What a fun pillow. Love the fact that it was a t-shirt. Never been fortunate enough to even see a box from Tiffany's, little lone open one. You mean they are real? I thought it was just something you saw in the movies! lol! Your room is coming along great. The little suitcase is pretty darn cute like it is, but yes; I can see pale pink or creamy white if your wanting a change.

Rhonda said...

I still want your cot! I saw your pillow on Pinterest - it's perfect! We all have bad days - that's why the good days feel so good.

You've made awesome progress and I can't wait to see the rest.

I especially love the splashes of pinks.