Monday, January 2, 2012

Little By Little


I don't think I have ever taken this long decorating a room.
It really is coming together so much better than when I only have a few hours to get it all done.
Learning patience and slowing down is so much better.

I hope I am not boring you with each step.

Today is just a little vignette
Rusted white metal garden table will be the side table to the bed.
It holds a wedding gift from my mom, this beautiful mirror. Chippy pink, came from Anthropologie, well it will be 7 years this May. Next is our wedding pic on a beautiful silver tray.
it holds this amazing rhinestone pouch I found antiquing with my brother this summer back home.
The rusted chandi will hang over the table more, I can get that together better when the bed arrives.
I have these great benches, they are from the Simply Shabby Chic line from Rachel Ashwell, when they first hit target so many years ago. One works great here next to the table as a dressing stool. My guests can sit here and put on makeup and do their hair. Oh, I am just so excited by this room.
Thanks for following with me.

7 comments:

Amy Kinser said...

Such a beautiful vignette. Love the little garden table and those curtains look luscious.

Blessings and Happy New Year.

Amy

Rhonda said...

Well, I'm lovin' your updates to this room. Decorating is one of my favorite things to do. I only wish I were as talented as you are doing it!

Anonymous said...

Love the garden table in your room Amy, it looks perfect!!
I'm getting anxious to see the whole room!! Did you order a new bed? So exciting!
Hope you have a wonderful week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Unknown said...

i'm loving each step-by-step sneak peek at it all! can't wait to see the finished room. it's going to be awesome!!

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Cute mirror! I like the neutral colors...

♥Linsey

Unknown said...

Girl, you are amazing!!! It all looks absolutely stunning. I love each and every step.
Can't wait to see the duvet spread out, it's GORgeous!
xoxo
lynn

Barbara von Enger said...

I adore that antique looking glass.