Thursday, June 6, 2013

Last Day of School


I can't believe a whole school year has come and gone already.


It seems as if it were just yesterday that we were told to put him in a early childhood program and he was off like lightening.
This first year had many downs and very positive ups.  We have seen him grow from tot to a big boy.

We would sit everyday and wait for that big yellow bus to come roaring down the quiet street.
It would become a place we would sit and discuss the clouds, bugs, and rocks. Count numbers and tell stories.
Those mornings were fast paced in getting out that door but once hitting that front porch it would all slow down.

He will continue to summer school in a few weeks. 

And soon I will share our story of why this first year was so important and changed our lives forever.
But for now lets all just be happy, happy, happy :)

10 comments:

Sue said...

I almost didn't recognize you with your "new" hair! I like it. Our babies grow up way to fast. I know you cherish each and every day with yours!!

Take care,
Sue

Gail said...

Oh my goodness, he looks like such a big boy now.
And so happy too, I'm glad the school year was a success!

Julie said...

Gosh - he is looking VERY grown up Amy. Those young years go by so very fast. I am so glad you cherish them each day as it honestly goes in the blink of an eye. I always love the way you decorate your porch too :-)

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Awwww, what a sweet post. Your babe has certainly grown up so much. You are a wonderful, caring mother Amy. He's a lucky boy. :)

Numinosity said...

He really does look so grown up. I know it's been a bit of a hard year for you health-wise among other things.
I do hope there are plenty of ups and positives to outweigh the problems.
xoxo Kim

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such sweet photos, Amy...I've always thought your son has the sweetest smile...

Unknown said...

a transformation for you BOTH i can see! it happens so fast...their growing up. hard not to blink but such is life. he looks so happy...what a sweet boy you have there! i am sure you cherish him greatly! you're a wonderful maman. never doubt it!

john said...

Happy new hair !! and your son is such a cutie ! hope everything is ok . Love the little crochet jar cover in your last post . Have a nice weekend...Gail x

Rhonda said...

Well, you are the prettiest mom EVER!
Your son looks so completely happy, that says it all, right there!!

Anonymous said...

Yea Brooklyn!!! I'm so happy for you! It's always a big step when they've finished one milestone and are off to complete another! My Jack will be off to kindergarten next year and then before I know it he'll be married! Thinking a bit to far ahead right? :) But it all seems to fly by in the blink of an eye!
I hope things are well my friend and hopefully we can finally get together soon!!!
Sincerely,
Melinda