Saturday, June 15, 2013

Fresh and soooo Soft

It is really hard to capture in a photo our lovely new carpet.  It is darker in person but photographs very light. 
You can't understand the difference unless you walk on it.
This is what I have dreamed of for so long, to step out of bed in the morning and my feet cushion into a cloud of soft cushiony carpet.
It is unreal.

Yesterday was a long day. Not only was it a long day for the men who installed the carpet but for us being locked downstairs for a full day.  It gave us much needed time to do things that would have never been tackled otherwise.
Hubby and I sat for hours sorting paperwork from an old filing cabinet that we had stored away.
It was interesting seeing what we still had from up to 12 years ago.  YIKES...so we made an appointment with a shredder and it all goes bye bye.  Then we made appointments and phone calls for things we have been putting off for ages.  It is all leading to a challenge that I will let you in on next week.

After the work was done the putting back and refreshing of everything started.  We cleaned and cleaned out. Purged and set new rules.  It is time for a more simple way of life and not so much STUFF.
What we have done so far feels great and our house is comfortable and feels like home.

We are not allowed to have Garage Sales here so it would be great to find a charity that is having one to donate our things to.


This new carpet has refreshed us, our home and our lives.  This summer is going to be a great one.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Yay, that must be so nice! I love purging and simplifying...it's a never-ending process for me because I'm a packrat by nature, as is my dh and my dd.
You can only imagine!!
Enjoy your summer, I plan on doing the same....:).

Anonymous said...

sounds amazing, we left a house with wood floors to move in this apartment with all carpet and I must say I love having the soft cushy feel of carpet, its so cosy, I enjoyed this post so much, your enthusiasm is contagious!It also looks amazing!!!!

Rhonda said...

Ooh, I love your new carpet. About 3 years ago we got new carpet, it was so soft our friends would visit just to walk on it. :)

Julie said...

It is looking great Amy - beautiful new carpet. Love your sparkly toe nails too :-) A shame you arent allowed garage sales there, they are a great way to move on things you no longer need & get some cash too :-) Plus people love getting a bargain. Have a great weekend x0x

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love your pretty new carpet, Amy! We'll be in the market for new carpet soon as ours is almost ten years old!!!

We really need to donate stuff to a local thrift store. We can't have sales in our community, either.

I hope you're having a great weekend!

xo,
RJ

Diana Mieczan said...

The carpet looks so beautiful and I bet it feels oh-so soft in the morning:) Btw: we are doing the same...it's all about simplicity:) Kisses and hugs, darling.