Monday, June 10, 2013

Imagination


Imagination, summer is all about imagination.

Long hours of pretend play or losing ourselves in a storybook.

Yesterday I got back into my imagination and started creating things to use this summer.

Paper party pockets to greet your summer dinner guests or wedding guests....I call these By the Light of the Moon.  Used to put party favors, pictures or dinner menus...so many great uses



I would love to have a yard big enough to have all my friends over for a moonlight gathering to watch movies projected on a bedsheet and watch the kids play.

These are journal covers.  Made from vintage book covers.  Summer is the best time to start your life journal or make wedding journals. These come in sets of 5 and would be a great "girls night" party project.

And just another note on how Summer is all about imagination...my boy awakes this morning and instantly runs to get his batman costume and then asks me for a batmobile, big one.
I know exactly what this means...he wants a car to drive.  Luckily I had a big cardboard box in the garage.   I cut a semi circle down as a quick wheel to drive it and he took on the task of drawing on the tires, lights and grill.
He was thrilled!!  Off we went pushing him around back and forth across the hardwood floor with glee.  Yep, that is what summer is all about, pretend play, losing ourselves in a world of imagination. No tv, no ipad, no computer, no phone.  Here, it is books, and playtime that makes a well rounded boy love his life.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Awe, children with imaginations like this are bound to be passionate in life. So sweet!

I adore your book covers, you know I do, I must have 10 or more, tee hee

Julie said...

Hi Amy - just love those new creations especially the book covers, could think of lots of uses for those. And as for little B ... guess who he gets his creativity & imagination from ... his Mama for sure :-) Happy playing my friend x0x

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

I love when you get lost in your imagination, Amy. Your creative results are spectacular! These are fabulous cards & journal covers.
And oh, how adorable is your Batman. I agree: no-tech play is much more fun and creative. Have a wonderful summer with your guy - my kids are done with school tomorrow and then the playing commences!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love everything about this post, Amy...your wonderful creations and your son's great batmobile! I remember making cars out of boxes when I was a kid...and living in a land of my imagination! I love this kind of play!

Ricki Treleaven said...

LOVE the Batmobile! :D

What a great idea for a garden party. One day you'll make it happen!

john said...

love your little gift bags and of course your little sweetie ! so cute and so nice to see a childs imagination at work ! Gail x