Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Bits

I don't think it has ever taken me so long to put things up and out for a holiday.

For some reason this year it is very slow going.  Maybe because it is close to 80* again and it just doesn't feel like it is already Christmas.

We started on the outside and it is still in the need of some tweaking.

Our tree is getting there...kinda, I am hand crocheting all the garlands and making all the ornaments this year.
What was I thinking???

I can never ever find what I want so I make instead.

Our tree sits inside a vintage Air Traveler plaid soft top suitcase that I found on my last day in Chicago for dirt cheap.  Of course the cat thought I bought it for him, oh kitty!



I am making logs...pillow logs to fill the suitcase bottom and pinecones my son has collected for us.



Our stair garland is up and lit.
The stockings this year are felted buckets to look like picnic baskets.


Goes with my Over the River and Through the Woods theme I got goin' on.

I have put my shop sales first the past couple of weeks and I think it is time to slow down and do more for my own family.  I want to really enjoy this season.  No rushing, no crazy post office days...just a cup of coffee sipping while enjoying the lights and my family.







Slowly I will get it together, and enjoy my time while doing it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Amy!! It's a wonderland at your house!! Wish I could come and see it.
It was 87 here this weekend, and I'm taking baby steps to get ready for Christmas. My first step was an Anthro candle, mulled wine...yum!
xo
Lynn

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Amy, this is so pretty! I love all of the handmade and personal decorations! I've been catching up with your posts...your Chicago trip looked like great fun!

Rainbow Gatherer said...

lovely decors and seems very cozyç I'll be happy if you check out my blog too=)

Ricki Treleaven said...

:D I like your theme.....such cute decorations! We still need to put our tree up, but everything else is pretty much done.

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

Do I spy foxes?? I love foxes! How ambitious you are - I admire that.

Rhonda said...

Love love love. Your front porch is amazing. You do could do this for a living.