Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Sweater and Boots...Finally

Oh the joy, it is here, it arrived....Autumn, that is.
It is so cool, cloudy, and RAINING!!!!
I couldn't wake up fast enough and get outside.
Forget all the work I have to do. There is no way I am missing even a second of this beautiful, long awaited day.
Out to the park we head, it is raining on us but we don't care.
I could sit and listen to the thunder crack and the leaves rustle all day long.
There is not even a peep of the awful sun.It is hard to figure out what to wear on such a lovely day. I have so many fall clothing choices but must choose wisely. I landed on my heavy bark cloth vintage dress with my leather bootsGrabbing my super soft cashmere cable knit oversized sweater. I love this little leather chain purse from Hobo. It is the perfect outfit to play in the park.
Work will just have to wait. I am sooooo happy today that I must be outside to soak it all up before it disappears.
Soon the child of the house will be fast asleep and I will grab the crochet hook and get back to work....or maybe I will put him in the stroller and go out for a long walk on this glorious Autumn afternoon. The neighborhood is decorating for Halloween and it would be a great time to go take it all in. It actually feels like home:)

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Yeah - your rain is here right now. I love it....quiet rain, soft thunder, windows open, 65 degrees - candles lit just in case.

I love your outfit, girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

I love that you sound so happy!! We had rain here today as well and I'm with you, it was glorious!!
I love your bark cloth dress, so beautiful!!
Have a wonderful night.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

Very cute!! Rainy fall dressing can be tricky. I saw everything from flip flops to winter coats today!

Fallon said...

Isn't it wonderful?? and on Thursday a high in the 60s??? Bliss :)

Fash Boulevard said...

the cracking of thunder, oh man, does that make me miss home. wonderful post, love. thanks for sharing. I'd love if you check out my latest outfit post. It's all about simplistic drama and one of my ultra favorite fall trends. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com