Sunday, March 17, 2013

Vintage Dress Maker


A wonderful sunny and cool breeze day.

I have an old Cary Grant movie playing and I am listing a ton of vintage for my Vintage Marketplace Shop.

As I clean and list things....I dream of sewing.
Hopefully this week will allow some time for cutting patterns and sewing up some new clothes made from vintage patterns.

I found this vintage McCalls Pattern and immediately knew I had to make it.

I had a dress from Anthropologie years ago that matched this pattern to a t
I still don't know why I sold that Anthro dress,  but I did and so this dress is on my MUST MAKE list before Summer.

I can't wait to go pick out some lovely patterned cotton to make this.
I can alter and make in to trapeze style tops as well!!!
Perfect for the HOT summer that is coming fast.


6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Isn't today just beautiful? I have been enjoying being outside in the yard.

Sew away my friend because if you can make an Anthro type dress, you are talented!

Susan deGeneres said...

Ha! I remember these dresses. And I had a pretty little top in this style my senior year in high school. At the time I thought it was awful that my mom made a top for me that was so "dated." Now I think they're cute as can be. Would look so cute in eyelet fabric too.

Hugs, Susan

Julie said...

I love the dress pattern Amy - can just see that style on you. We got some rain yesterday & it felt sooo good - the garden has perked up a bit :-) Happy week my friend, Julie

Unknown said...

i just adore old sewing patterns. everything about them...the graphics..the colors...the styles. i can't wait to see the dress you sew! you are beyond talented at the sewing machine!! ;)

Unknown said...

Oh, man! I can't wait to see what it looks like!!!
xo
lynn

Ricki Treleaven said...

It is so stormy here today. I would love to go biking! Which dress are you making? They are all so cute!