Thursday, January 3, 2013

Downtime


Just when you have big wishes and ideas for a whole new year to begin.
Lists have been made goals set...then bam, you wake up barely being able to swallow and a fever comes with it.
One year it would be nice to not land in a doctors office to start of a new year.
This silly cold that had been lingering just got a bit worse and took me down.

So today I sit waiting for hubby to come save the day.
Until then, I dream on pinterest of what I could be doing.

Here is the lastest on my workspace coming together.

If you remember I started with some amazing starburst mirrors but they just didn't fill the space like I wanted.  I needed something with more of a kick.
So I noticed that Lowes sells white framed closet mirrors super cheap, like $5 cheap.  I, before going down on the couch, swooped in and bought 6 of them.

WOW it seriously made the impact that I wanted.  The starburst mirrors will be returned and this is a savings of $50 bucks!!!

They make the room look so much larger and brighter.  This is the only room in our home that gets any light and I am making the most of it.

There is still so much to come, but it will have to wait until I have strength again.
I am dying to get back in there and work a bit more on this design.  There is so much more to do and diy tips to share.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummmm, can I say I seriously love the painting in the midst of all the softness on the bed????!!
xo
lynn

Susan deGeneres said...

Hi Amy,
I hope Rudy has come to your rescue and you'll be well soon. My studio is a little dark too, so I can relate to wanting as much light as possible. Your mirrors are a great idea, and $50 savings are a nice little cherry on top! Now get some rest.
Hugs, Susan

Ricki Treleaven said...

I like what you did with the mirrors...you'll have all kinds of light bouncing around in there! :D

I hope you don't get pneumonia. That's hoe mine started....with a searing sore throat!

Get to feeling better!

xo,
RJ

Gail said...

Amy,

So many are getting sick right now! It should be outlawed, especially around the holidays and certainly starting out a new year.....:(.

Your room is amazing so far, love all the light bouncing around! Good finds there......take some time for yourself and you'll be back at it before you know it!

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

Oh no! I hope you are finally feeling better soon. The mirrors look phenomenal!! Cannot believe the price, either.

Rhonda said...

AWESOME mirrors Amy!! It looks as if there is another room beyond your desk, incredible decorating. You always decorate with such style.

Hope you are feeling better. xo Rhonda

Mom E. said...

Amy,
I hope you are feeling a bit better and can back to your plans...I hate fevers and being sick....hugs to you! Enjoy your space!
Hearts,
Betsy