Friday, August 19, 2011

Color Curtains and Hair Bows

I have been itching to add color and pattern to my home.
I love the industrial and primitives styles but I need something to make me smile too.

I removed my brown dull curtains from my studio yesterday and made a huge looking hair bow curtain with the floral sheet from this post. I found this amazing black and white stripe bow in a fun Japanese hipsters booth in Cali this summer and I had to have it.
I love the way it brightens up the whole room.

While out thrifting late the other night, I came across a painting print that made me smile.My great aunt jenny had one like it hanging for years in her home. Lass with Kitten
Okay sweet right, then pan out....HELLO 1960's an almost neon orange plastic frame flaked in gold. Mind you this is a 16 x24 print. Thats a little too much color for me...I think I will paint it.
A nice high gloss blue.

Rearranging some of my collections and finding a few more Cub staplers I lined them up in a row on top of my vintage candy machine. What a punch it makes!
So happy to finally add a little color to the house. It makes it cheery and I am really obsessed with soft floral patterns that are bold and hair bows of course. Can't get enough.
Stay tuned for more changes.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Love the new drapes, absolutely love the staplers, adore the painting but I've got to tell ya, those dolls are spectacular! I've loved complete fabric dolls and animals for years. I cannot seem to find any. Great changes you've made, change is good.

Chicca said...

WOW,love them all!!!You've made a great changes!!!