Saturday, November 23, 2013

Winter Wonderland


The most amazing thing has happened around here...it has turned to winter.
For 3 glorious days it has rained non-stop with bulky grey snow clouds covering every inch of the sky.
It is in the 40s everyday. Which means bundling up for us.  Yesterday I had on five layers, thin layers which made up for not having a coat.  I dawned my riding rain boots from Sorrel and braved the outdoors.  It makes it feel like a real winter and I love nothing more than being out in it.

If I had a fireplace I think I would stay home more and enjoy the sounds of the rain hitting the windows.  But otherwise, I like seeing the grey skies and the clouds puffy and rolling over the mountain tops.

These days are very, very rare in the late autumn or winter.
I will hate to see it end, I really should move to the Northwest.

In the evenings I sit and listen to the rain and crochet and sew, while the boy watches his new favorite movie, Frosty the Snowman.  He just loves to sing the song. I am still in love with making the Tilda whales, so I did this little art piece for my studio.
But I am working on some special bookmarks for friends,



Today was supposed to be the boys first riding lesson but the weather postponed it.  Instead he requested to go to the library, aka, the bookstore.
I was so on board with this since it is new magazine time.

He could sit and read for hours and that he did.  If it weren't for lunchtime  we would still be sitting there reading. 

Cozy and bundled up we will head out again after lunch to have some fun.
Maybe look for new yarn for me and the boy has requested a magic hat as Frosty has.  
Maybe he will get it to make Christmas snow ;))


3 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

:D I can't wait to hear all about the riding lessons. YAY! Shelley's team practice might be postponed tomorrow due to sleet! Yikes!

Diana Mieczan said...

Your day sounds wonderful and I love rainy days as well:) I am so pleased that you guys got a bit of winter feeling. Kisses and hugs, sweetie. Talk to you soon. xo

Diana Mieczan said...

Psst: happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, lovely. xoxo