Thursday, September 26, 2013

In My World


In my world it is a lot of school, homework, doctors and more doctors and more doctors...
Hardly anytime for just creating or being.  Some weeks are better than others but this week has been especially full of meetings at school, and doctors after school.
ugh.

So when you get a little break from it all, all you can hope for is a bit of time to create something and let your troubles float away. You may take a picture of your work and post it on Instagram...@vintagemarketp
When you wake up at 4:30 am and can't sleep so you check your email and see mail from a UK publisher, you think...I must still be sleeping.
When you open that email and it states, hey we saw your work on Instagram and wanna publish it...you really think, I must be dreaming...then you see you have another email from etsy and it is still the same publisher leaving a message there too, you wake up really fast and jump up out of bed at 4:30 am so happy and quietly squealing as to not wake the boy.
That is just what happened a few months ago.

Over the summer I bought a wonderful issue of Mollie Makes with Betty dolls on the cover that I just had to make.  I took pictures of my process and posted them on instagram never thinking a thing of it.  Later to get that email was shocking.  I didn't submit, they found me out of all the gals that made and took pictures of their dolls, they wanted mine.  I couldn't believe it.  I was so thrilled and on pins and needles waiting to hear.

A month went by and there I was perusing instagram and saw a girl saying she was published and she took a shot of the magazine page...I follow her on instagram and so I clicked and commented congrats.  I went back to look at the pic again and peeking out of the page was my Betty doll!!!! I about screamed.  Mollie Makes published my little make  It was so exciting to have a UK publication publish my little Betty.  I would have to wait here in the states for a whole other month to get a copy of it.  Yesterday was that day.

After a 3 hour wait in a doctors office and tired as all get out. I went by the bookstore and there it was.  It was like a reward for being a patient patient. (sorry, had to)  My own copy in my own hands.  Not only had I been dying to see the published page (which is tiny and just a blurb) but I am so happy with that, but it also is the issue I was dying for before I even knew I was in it.  I love Jane Foster Designs and her little sausage dog is the freebie make this month.

So in a week, really a life of doctors, schools, therapy, meetings and well, just life it was such a happy moment to have a publication see a little handmade creation of mine and want to put it in a world wide publication. Thank you Mollie Makes, you made this crafty mama super happy :)


11 comments:

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

CONGRATULATIONS AMY! That is huge! How cool that these folks found your photo via Instagram and tracked you down. Awesome, simply awesome. Well deserved, my friend. And I'm sure this is a welcome break from all the school/doctors stuff that makes up life. Glad to see your creativity being recognized INTERNATIONALLY, my friend. :)

Rhonda said...

Woo Hoo!! Congrats to a well deserved mention, it's a pretty big mention!

I am so happy for you!

Unknown said...

oh WOW! that's SO amazing...cool..awesome..and SO well-deserved! woo hoo! i am SO happy for you! CONGRATS!!! ;)

Julie said...

So happy for you Amy :-) And you SO deserve it. I cant wait now for that issue to come to N.Z. I love the little sausage dog you have made... it is sooo cute,

Gail said...

Well Amy! Those of us who have seen your talent up close and personal aren't surprised one.tiny.bit!!!!!!
You have more talent in your pinkie finger than most have....well, than most have!
I'm so happy for you.....keep up the creative work.

Anonymous said...

such amazing news! Good for you!!! Its such a sweet heart of a doll as well, I'm so happy for you, this was such a well deserved recognition, you are a real talent ,

Farmgirl Susan said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful surprise. She's beautiful. :)

Susan deGeneres said...

Oh Amy! Hurray!

I just fell into bed and thought I'd look and see what was up. I'm so glad I did. How wonderful for you.
I think I've got one more week or so of Homecoming and then things should slow down a bit so I'll have a chance to write more than three lines on a comment. Until then, CONGRATULATIONS!

Hugs, Susan

Ricki Treleaven said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations. I'm so happy for you, and I can't wait to see the spread!

You didn't know about the Mollie Makes? That was a neat surprise, too!

You deserve recognition...you are one creative artist!

xo,
RJ

john said...

Oh wow Amy !! how wonderful ... mind you I think you deserve a bit of good luck amongst all that stress girl !
Gail x

JUNKER JANE said...

Congrats Amy!!! So wonderful! <3