Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Cards from Paradise...

K, so I was listening to sirius radio 1st wave station the other day and heard Flesh for LuLu, Post Cards from Paradise playing and totally named this post after that.
WOW that song took me way back, do any of you remember that group???
Anyhoo,
I received some amazing Christmas cards this year from great friends, artists and family and I thought I would share.
From little friends I have seen grow up into amazing big friends, aren't they adorable? I just want to hug them all :)
Merry Christmas Santana, Maggie and Billy!!!

To amazing artist friend Kimberly at Numinosity
This handmade post card is something I will always have in my studio on display

And this most amazing vintage post card from 1908 Sent by my sister
It came from St Louis Mo from Tamaroa, Il It looks as if it were made now to look vintage but the back has the original christmas wishes to Ruth From Elsie
This is an amazing piece of vintage Christmas history that I just gobble up.

We received so many amazing cards and these are just a few to show the spirit everyone has this time of year. Thank you to all of you that sent cards, messages and gifts our way.
It is so much appreciated and will stay with us forever. Merry Christmas from our family to yours.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids LOVED it! Santana said, "she is so sweet she always says something nice about us.". Our card is even more special because of the beautiful scarfs you created for us! We will always treasure them! Merry christmas

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
Great cards!
Have a very Merry Christmas my friend!!!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Rhonda said...

I do remember that video...I loved the late 80's - 90's MTV...not now, though.

Merry Christmas Eve, Amy, to you and your family.

Your vintage Christmas images are darling. I sure wish I had pulled mine out this year...too much to do.

xo Rhonda

I am Khatu said...

Such cute cards!

Gail said...

Merry Christmas Amy!
May your family have the best of Christmases and you find time to relax and enjoy......you deserve it!
xoxo,
Gail