Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Time of my Life






This year is unfolding and teaching me to live again.

Not to be scared and take more chances.

As a SAHM of a child with special needs, you get lost and life becomes about everything else and you lose yourself and your dreams.

I am realizing life goes by and things happen in the blink of an eye.

Not saying "if I" or "I should have" instead I am saying lets do this and lets do that.

Being my true self and taking time for me.

In this journey, I decided to return to my first love...Vintage buying.  I started when I was 18 working in rag houses in St. Louis and learning as much as I could about vintage clothing.  I went through a lot of crap but learned a lot.  I always dreamed of having my own shop, and why that may not be in the cards, I can open my own Online Shop.  Vintagemarketclothes.etsy.com 


I love the hunt for vintage, specifically 1970s, boho, southern rock, biker style.  It was always poo pooed as a classic vintage style.  Not lady like or you need to dress like a girl.  Nope, that just ain't me.  I have always been a true jeans and t-shirt gal with a little flannel thrown in. 
A rebel at heart.
Slowly, I am finding vintage pieces that I love and sharing with others who are missing them in their true lives.
And just for fun, I am throwing in some handmade fashions from vintage and embroidery on the rebel side.

I hope you all support this and come say hi on my IG @vintagemarketclothing and vintagemarketclothes.etsy.com

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

You GO girl...love this post! Best of luck to you and I know you will do well. xo

Sue said...

Hope you are doing well Amy! It was a nice surprise to see your blog post! Your little man is growing fast and is SO cute!

Take care,
Sue

Unknown said...

You're finding yourself and that's awesome!!! Hello my friend......looks like you're doing well!