Monday, January 2, 2012

The Bed


Well, it is really like a vintage cot, that is an old fashion fold up roll away.
it has a ticking mattress on it and when I saw it I knew it was perfect. This is new and made in italy, guess where I got it....Big Lots, yep, that is right Big Lots.
I couldn't have been more right. I didn't even know the measurements of this bed, but I didn't even have to adjust the table a bit. It slid right in the spot that it was meant for.

I started dressing the bed this evening. I got all the linens on but I am still working on the pillows.
It is late and I need to just sit. But I got some pictures tonight with the twinkle lights aglow.

You know it is right when the whole family comes in and cuddles up to watch a movie, yes, I am sitting here with B by my side the kitties in their beds and Pillow Talk on.
Oh, Doris Day, I think every girl back then dreamed of being her. What style!
Now, I can focus on the other half of the room.
I think my guest won't want to leave after staying in this room. I know I don't wanna sleep in my own bed tonight :)
Linking up with Kathleen for White Wednesdays
If you haven't stopped by Faded Charm and you love romantic whites go on click the link and check her out.

12 comments:

Gail said...

It's just dreamy Amy, I know I wouldn't want to leave.......maybe after your dh is fast asleep you can sneak in there.....?

Custom Comforts said...

What a fun room ~ so pretty and sweet. Just right for a cold snowy night and a book. Newest follower ~ Cindy.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Amy, just hopped over from White Wednesday. Love your little cuddle spot! Yes, I've been surprised to find some treasures at Big Lots every now and then. Love your style. Now a new follower.

Vintage Home said...

Oh what a delightful space...white warm & welcoming!

rkbsnana said...

Love the bed but IN love with the slips.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet room- love the vintage clothing and twinkle lights! You are doing a fantastic job and can't wait to see the other 1/2 of the room!

Rhonda said...

Oh, Amy, it's PERFECT! It's just as you described it to me.

And...I adore Doris Day movies.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Very shabby romantic. Ahhhhh, pretty!

Danielle

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

That looks like the coziest spot to watch one of my all time favorite movies...Pillow Talk!!

Anonymous said...

Hello...

I stumbled upon your blog and am happy that I did!
Stop by and visit me if you get a chance, I'd love to have you over.

Ciao Bella
CREATIVE CARMELINA

Barbara von Enger said...

How creative you are and what a pretty cot! The room is so charming, too. I would love to curl up with you there and sip tea in winter;-)

Lorraine said...

So dreamy and sweet! I love the slip garland as well! Lovely blog!